You may have heard of 3D/4D ultrasound and wonder what it is.
Most pregnancy ultrasounds are performed in 2D – these are the usual black and white scan pictures familiar to most people.
However, with the latest ultrasound technology couples also have the opportunity to see 3D/4D ultrasound pictures of their baby’s face. 3D/4D ultrasound pictures look more like a photograph. They make nice keepsake images for the baby album! They are usually done as part of a third trimester ultrasound scan.
3D/4D images depend on baby being in the right position, with a good pocket of fluid in front of the face. Some babies are shy and turn away or cover their face with their hands. We will do our best to get you a nice image but it’s not always possible if baby isn’t feeling co-operative.
We offer the full range of specialist obstetric ultrasound scans. Please click on the links below for more information :
- 8 week ultrasound (dating scan)
- Nuchal translucency scan (12 week ultrasound)
- Early fetal anatomy
- Fetal morphology (20 week ultrasound)
- Third trimester ultrasound (growth scan and Dopplers)
- 3D/4D scans
- Fetal echocardiography (heart ultrasound)
- Twin ultrasound & triplet ultrasound
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis