Most pregnancy ultrasounds are performed in 2D – this produces the characteristic black and white images familiar to most people.
However, with the latest ultrasound technology couples also have the opportunity to see 3D/4D images of their baby’s face. This is usually done as part of a third trimester ultrasound. 3D/4D pictures make nice keepsake images for the baby album!
3D/4D images depend on baby being in the right position, with a good pocket of fluid in front of the face. Some babies are shy and turn away or cover their face with their hands. We will do our best to get you a nice image but it’s not always possible if baby isn’t feeling co-operative.
We offer the full range of specialist pregnancy scans. Please click on the links below for more information :
- 8 week ultrasound (dating scan)
- Nuchal translucency scan (12 week ultrasound)
- Early fetal anatomy
- Fetal morphology (20 week ultrasound)
- Third trimester ultrasound (growth scan and Dopplers)
- 3D/4D scans
- Fetal echocardiography (heart ultrasound)
- Twin ultrasound & triplet ultrasound
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis